Summer months mean warm weather and water adventures. But did you know that yeast infections often increase during this time? Yeast loves warm weather and moist conditions, so it’s no wonder many women experience this frustrating infection during arguably the most fun time of the year! Don’t worry though, with a bit of extra care, you can avoid an infection and have more fun in the sun.
Do these 5 things and avoid a yeast infection this summer.
- Always pack a change of clothes- Don’t sit in wet clothes or swimsuits for an extended period of time.
- Wear breathable clothing- Hot weather means sweating is likely unavoidable. Wearing loose clothing like rompers and sundresses will keep your vagina from getting too moist.
- Always rinse your vagina- after a dip in the ocean, pool, and especially after a bit of fun in the pool house (we mean sex). If you don’t have access to a shower, use a non-toxic feminine wipe. We love these from good clean love https://goodcleanlove.com/products/rebalance-ph-balanced-wipes-pack-30-ct
- Eat healthily- Don’t let your vacation diet become your norm. Unhealthy diets can lead to an imbalance in your vaginal pH. When your pH is out of balance, you are more likely to experience infections and discomfort.
- Use blue light- Blue light has antimicrobial and pH balancing effects. If used regularly, it can help support a healthy and happy vagina free of odor and infections all summer long. Learn More about the MyElle™ Wand ( link) that utilizes blue light for vaginal rejuvenation and wellness.