The Vagina Diet - 7 Foods For a Happier V
When we think of a diet, we often think about it in terms of weight management. Did you know that the health of your vagina depends largely on the food you eat? A healthy vagina starts with a healthy diet. If you struggle with pH imbalance, infections, odor, and dryness, your diet could be a contributing factor. By making some changes to the food you eat, you may prevent some of these issues and experience less discomfort.
Here are 7 Foods to Eat Right Now for a Healthier Vagina.
- Cranberry juice - Stick with concentrate and dilute with water if needed to avoid extra sugar typically added to juice blends. The chemical compound proanthocyanidins or PAC is found in cranberry juice and can help prevent UTIs.
- Drink more water - It sounds like such a basic idea, but most women are chronically dehydrated. If you are dehydrated, your vagina will be a bit drier.
- Soy - Soy products like tofu and edamame contain isoflavones that mimic estrogen. When consumed in moderation, some studies have shown to help increase natural lubrication.
- Avocado - Avocados contain potassium, antioxidants, fiber, and healthy monounsaturated fat. Because of this, avocados have been shown to help boost levels of hormones associated with increasing vaginal lubrication. So that extra fifty cents for Guac is totally worth it.
- Garlic - Have you heard that putting raw garlic in your vagina can help fight a yeast infection? While we don't recommend that, eating it has shown to be beneficial due to its antimicrobial properties.
- Dark Chocolate - The high amount of flavonoids in dark chocolate has been shown to increase sexual desire. So make sure those strawberries are dipped in dark chocolate for a boost in libido.
- Fermented foods - These foods are full of good bacteria giving you a boost in maintaining happy gut flora.