MYELLE can be beneficial for women of all ages.
Most women do not experience cramping after using a Photobiomodulation device. However, when reinvigorating and bringing increased blood flow to tissue that has been sedated, it may respond with temporary discomfort or cramping. Similarly to the reaction you have after a limb has fallen asleep and then begins to have an increase in blood flow. It may be uncomfortable at first, but it subsides. Typically this sensation resolves after 2-3 sessions, depending on the health of your vaginal tissue.
Yes! The healthier your vaginal biome is, the less likely you are to suffer from BV. The MYELLE wand is a Photobiomodulation (PBM) device that uses red and blue light. Red light supports beneficial vaginal bacteria such as lactobacillus. There is a relationship between the mucus lining, a healthy vagina, and lactobacillus known as the vaginal biome. Red light and blue light support this relationship, and by doing so, the body can more easily fight off infections such as Bacterial Vaginosis or BV. Photobiomodulation also reduces the pro-inflammatory cytokines, which is key to maintaining healthy tissue, leading to a healthy vaginal environment. The benefits of Photobiomodulation also include a reduction in inflammation and pain associated with infections.
What are pro-inflammatory cytokines? Cytokines are regulators of a host's immune response to infection and tissue trauma. Some cytokines act as pro-inflammatory, whereas others serve to reduce inflammation and promote healing called anti-inflammatory. By supporting a healthy vaginal biome with the help of The MYELLE wand, you can reduce your chances of experiencing BV and the consequences of an infection, inflammation, and pain.
It is an excellent choice for women in their 40s, 50s, or 60s who are beginning or are currently experiencing the effects of menopause. Women who are aging, have decreased estrogen, which can lead to thinning and drying of vaginal tissue, as well as an increase in inflammation. The MYELLE wand can encourage tissue repair, promote tightening, and increase lubrication to make sex more enjoyable. Red light technology has also been shown to increase fibroblast production, which can produce collagen and protect existing collagen. This process assists with skin elasticity.
MYELLE is a great choice for mothers. The trauma of childbirth can stretch and cause damage to the vaginal walls and surrounding tissues. MYELLE unique technology can assist with vaginal elasticity and tightness, by improving collagen formation, similar to the way it assists with menopause symptoms.
Your pelvic floor is a fundamental group of muscles and connective tissues that stretch across the bottom of your pelvis, like a taut and flexible trampoline. The pelvic floor is anchored in the front at the pubic bone, wraps around the vagina and rectal openings, and attaches at the base of the spine. It is vital to maintain the health of your pelvic floor because it supports the proper function of many other essential body processes such as:
• Supportive role holding up the bladder, uterus, and rectum
• Enhancing and maintaining sexual function and pleasure
• Maintaining control of bowel and bladder continence
• Providing lower back support by working with abdominals stabilizing the core
• Urinary frequency or urgency This could be the sign of an overactive bladder. An overactive bladder occurs when the muscular fibers of the bladder contract too frequently or at random. A strong pelvic floor can provide a reflex "quieting" of the bladder's irritable contractility, reducing urgency.
• Stress urinary incontinence (SUI) Stress incontinence is the involuntary loss of urine due to any physical activity that puts a strain on the bladder, for example, laughing, coughing, sneezing, or exercise. This occurs when the pelvic muscles supporting the bladder and urethra have been damaged or weakened, typically during childbirth.
• Back pain, pelvic pain, pain with intercourse, or with orgasm This often occurs when our pelvic floor muscles are weakened or damaged.
• Vaginitis and atrophic vaginitis (vaginal dryness) is inflammation of the vagina that can result in discharge, itching, and pain. Vaginal dryness is most common near menopause when hormone levels change, resulting in the vaginal walls becoming thinner and inflamed. This also causes decreased lubrication.
• Uterine or vaginal prolapse Damage to the pelvic floor during childbirth causes pelvic organs to sag or protrude into the vagina, and occasionally beyond the vaginal opening. This can also become more common as we age due to the body's decrease in estrogen, and subsequent loss of elasticity and strength.
Each of MYELLE modalities - therapeutic red and blue LED lights, and sonic vibration, contribute to the strengthening, toning, and tightening of the muscles of the pelvic floor. Check out our 'How It Works' section to learn more about the science behind MYELLE technology.
Yes! Even women in their 20's can benefit! Using the MYELLE wand regularly can help prevent vaginal deterioration and lead to better orgasms by helping to improve your overall vaginal health.
Yes, the MYELLE is excellent for someone who struggles with gynecological inflammation and needs help fighting vaginal bacteria as well as odors associated with it. Our unique blue light technology can have significant antimicrobial effects.
MYELLE is perfect for someone who wants to improve vaginal sensitivity, sexual desire, and enhance their sex life. Our unique design was created with you in mind. The sonic vibration setting, when coupled with our exclusive red and blue light technology, will encourage an increase in blood flow and sensory stimulation.
We recommend using a water-based lubricant to avoid damaging the wand.
Yes, you can!
The LED lights used by the MYELLE are not the same type of lights used in tanning beds or by the sun. It does not expose your skin to UV rays. Check out our 'How it Works' section to learn more about different forms of light.
As with any light source, to avoid potential irritation, we recommend not staring directly into the lights emitted by the MYELLE wand.
Yes! MYELLE works its magic by delivering a safe, concentrated wavelength of natural light into your skin, which your cells absorb.
There is virtually no risk of side effects from the use of the MYELLE wand when following the recommended guidelines for usage.
Yes, the vaginal canal is a muscle and can become atrophied. By using the MYELLE, restoration of blood flow and inflammation reduction will encourage more flexibility and new, more flexible tissue. We recommend inserting the device as deep as is comfortable but not completely until healing has occurred incrementally.
The Blue Light on the MYELLE wand can help keep the bacteria under control if used regularly. For severe cases, always consult a physician.